Due to technological innovation, it has become common to communicate with people using different modes over the internet. Whatsapp is one of the most used applications available over the internet nowadays. According to research, this application has more than 1 billion users in 2017.
You will find this messaging application on almost every third mobile phone. Because of its high usage, a lot of people share different media types via this channel. It may be for personal reasons or professional reasons. But the most asked question is how to send PDF in Whatsapp?. Many people find it hard to get an option and share their important notes available in this format.
In this blog, we are going to show you some facts about PDF and the exact method to share such documents via Whatsapp. Let’s have a look at the following sections without wasting much time.
What Is PDF?
PDF (Portable Document Format) is one of the most used documents sharing formats around the globe. It has been using in 90% of the cases where people have to send or receive documents for any task. This format allows the users to share large documents without harming their integrity.
If you are using the internet for study purposes or professional tasks, we are sure that you have learned about this format. The main reason why people prefer to share documents in PDF format instead of Word or any other is work preservation.
Have you ever experienced some changes in writing style, font size, and others while getting a file in Word format? By using the PDF format, you will get the same results as shown on the sender’s device. It means that the format or any other thing will not be changed during transmission.
As it allows you to share any document without changing its format, then you must learn how to send PDF in Whatsapp. It will keep you relaxed while sharing your notes with anyone.
How To Send PDF In Whatsapp?
We all know that Whatsapp is using by a wide range of people around the world. It is the best way to share documents without installing any other data-sharing application. The process to share any document via this application is not complicated but you only have to choose the right one. Here are those methods that you can use depending on the nature of the device you are using.
Send Via Android Device
Whatsapp is an android application that can be installed through Google Play. It has a simple interface where every section is labeled properly to make it understandable for everyone. Here are the steps that you have to follow while looking to send a PDF file to any of your contacts.
- First of all open Whatsapp by clicking on its icon
- Search for the person to whom you want to send a file
- Open the chatbox
- In the text insertion bar, you will get a camera option along with an attachment symbol
- Click on the attachment sign
- You will get six different options on your screen
- Hit on document option
- Select the file you want to share
- Tap on the “Send” button to start processing
These are the steps that you need to follow while looking to share a PDF document using Whatsapp on your mobile phone.
Send Via Desktop Web
Some users want to send and receive documents via this application but on a large screen. For this, they can install the application by using a third-party application. It might be time taking and difficult method to do this.
Many people use a direct website and access their accounts as an alternative method. For this task, first of all, you have to sign in to your account. We all know that Whatsapp does not allow a user to log in to his account on two different devices at the same time. Then how do you have to access your account directly from the web? Here are the steps that will guide you from scratch till the final step.
- Open the Whatsapp app and click on the three dots available on the right top corner
- In the dropdown list, hit the “Linked Devices” button
- Give your phone unlocking password or pattern
- You will get a scanning screen on your phone
- Now, open Whatsapp Web in your required browser via Computer or laptop
- Open the first link
- You will get a QR code on your device screen
- Scan it using the scanner from your phone
- It will log in to your account on your computer
- With the text writing bar, you will get an attachment link too
- Tap on it and then select a document from the available options
- Select your file that you want to share from your computer’s hard disk
- Hit the “Send” button to complete this process
These are the steps that you have to follow no matter you are using a MAC device or any other laptop. It will complete your process without making any problems.
How To Share A Heavy PDF In Whatsapp?
It is the biggest problem in Whatsapp that you can’t share a file having 100 Mb or excessive size. In such a case, many people find it hard to share their data because all other means are complicated. Let’s learn how to send PDF in Whatsapp heavy size. The process is a little bit different but you have to follow it as it is.
- Go to your mobile file manager
- Search for the PDF file
- Tap on it and hold it for few seconds
- It will select that file with some options
- Tap on the three dots available on the top of the file
- You will get a “Google Drive” option
- Upload your file by tapping on this button
- Now, go to Google drive
- Select the file and get the link to that PDF document
- Come back to your Whatsapp and get to the chatbox where you want to send
- Paste the link and you have done
With this method, you can not only share files available in MBs but also send files having a size in GBs. You can also set the privacy of that file just according to requirements. It means you can set the file editable by everyone or make it “Read-only” just according to your choice.
The process to share PDFs using this amazing application is not difficult. You only have to follow the above process step by step to do this task and get reliable outcomes. If you have learned how to send PDF in Whatsapp from the above section, you will not have to face issues in this process.